Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Why it’s crucial to plan for your RMDs (MarketWatch). You spent decades building your retirement accounts. Make sure you know the rules for taking the money out.
- How to leave a 401(k) to charity (Advisor Perspectives). Written for advisors, but relevant for anyone with a sizeable 401(k) plan balance.
- Why you should consider switching your Medicare coverage during open enrollment (PBS). There are a lot of changes in store for Medicare users — enough that you may want to change your plan.
- Putting those retirement plans on hold? What that means for your Medicare (CNBC). If you’re among the growing number of people planning to work past age 65, you need to understand the implications for your health insurance.
- 8 questions to help you decide whether to move in retirement (Forbes). Looking for better weather? Want to live closer to your adult children? There’s a lot to consider.
And from the blogosphere…
- Saving your retirement from a stock market crash (Safal Niveshak). A practical look at “the bucket approach” — entering retirement with a large cash account.
- The worst retirement advice I ever gave (Financial Planning). Retirement readiness isn’t just about your finances.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average (Mullooly). Good reminders of some fundamental investing truths.
- Beware: Social Security can make your taxers soar (Motley Fool). Why your taxes could go up in retirement, and what you can do about it.
- Tax-efficient charitable giving from your IRA (Financial Ducks in a Row). If you’re in the RMD phase of life, you should know about QCDs.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.