Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Ritholtz sees “pockets of froth” in stock market (Bloomberg). Still, no one really knows when the market has peaked.
- The Buffett Indicator at all-time highs: is this cause for concern? (Visual Capitalist). A primer on the stock market capitalization-to-GDP ratio.
- Bonds are getting crushed (The Irrelevant Investor). Long-term treasury rates have been rising for the past six months.
- Payment for order flow: an explanation of the practice and the debate (Forefront). A closer look at a controversial practice many investors first heard of just in the past year.
- IRA strategies for 2021 (Morningstar). Some good reminders about how to get the most out of an IRA.
- Minimizing taxes isn’t the goal of tax planning (Oblivious Investor). Why the obvious ways to analyze tax strategies can lead to poor decisions.
- The career pivot: how leapers and planners do it (Next Avenue). Two approaches to a “second act” career, and how both can work out just fine.
- Retirement preview (Humble Dollar). The pandemic has provided an unexpected trial run for those close to retirement age. Eight lessons to take from the experience.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.