Some of the best recent investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Tap an IRA tax-free with an HSA rollover (Kiplinger). A little-known once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- This investment seems too good to be true — is it? (MarketWatch). A closer look at fixed index annuities.
- Calculating the total cost of ETF ownership (Morningstar). A “holistic approach to assessing the total cost of ETF ownership.”
- Stretch your retirement with this tax-saving strategy (Reuters). The benefits of IRA conversions and the best time to do them.
- The 7 most common Social Security mistakes (Kiplinger). There are a lot of moving parts to the Social Security claiming process, and many missteps to avoid.
And from the blogosphere…
- The extraordinary upside potential of sequence of return risk in retirement (Kitces). Everyone talks about the dangers of sequence-of-returns risk, but there’s a different side to that story.
- Investor amnesia (Bonefide Wealth). The danger of letting a bear market ruin your memories of past bull markets.
- Honey, what’s our retirement plan? (The Retirement Café). What if there were only “one grand retirement-funding strategy?” Maybe there is.
- Why do markets go up? (Factor Investing). Every now and then, it helps to remember some fundamental truths about stock market investing.
- More parents are leaving unequal inheritances to their adult kids (Considerable). Is equal the same thing as fair? For a growing number of parents, the answer is “no.”
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.