Happy 3rd Day of Christmas! (On the Western church calendar, the Christmas season begins December 25 and extends through January 5 — hence the 12 Days of Christmas.)
Here's our final Roundup of the year:
- Congress passed the SECURE Act. Here’s what it will mean for your 401(k) and IRA (Barron's). We covered some of this in Monday's post, but here is more from Barron's.
- Advisers expect more Roth conversions under SECURE Act (Investment News). The new law will make Roth conversions more attractive for some investors.
- Top investor threats for 2020 (news release, North American Securities Administrators Association). The old advice is good advice: "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is."
- Virginia pastors give $17,000 from church's budget to pay off school lunch debt (CBS News). Principal says she was "overwhelmed by the generosity."
- The PNC Christmas Price Index (PNC Financial Services). Just for fun, here's PNC's annual tally of what it would cost to purchase all the items in the "12 Days of Christmas" song.
And from the bloggers and pundits...
- The ultimate 2020 market playbook (Philip Huber, Bps and Pieces). Sometimes it's important to state the obvious.
- Last-minute tax changes that can save you $1,000s (Bill Sweet, The Big Picture). All of these aren't for everyone, but there might be an idea here you could use.
- Death and taxes (John Yeigh, Humble Dollar). Deferring taxes on retirement money as long as possible may not be right for everyone. Here are issues to consider.
- Manage your money, you must: 10 money lessons we learned from 'Star Wars' (Mike Brassfield, The Penny Hoarder). Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Materialism is easy to decry and hard to avoid (Kathy Keller, The Gospel Coalition). How much of your contentment is based on this world providing you with [fill in the blank]?
Comments? Weigh-in below!