Some of the better investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- The yield curve is inverted! Remind me why I care (Bloomberg). It’s making lots of headlines, but are people making too much of it? Mark wrote a great post on the topic earlier in the week.
- When Vanguard’s retirement income calculator stopped making sense (Morningstar, free registration required). Another reason to consider using MoneyGuidePro®.
- How Roth IRA conversions can escalate capital gains taxes (Financial Planning). Considering the cost of “stealth taxes.”
- 7 of your most burning questions on Social Security (with answers) (NY Times). With lots of claiming options come lots of questions.
- Retirement healthcare costs: Strategies for meeting the challenge (Morningstar). It’s one of the biggest financial concerns among people nearing retirement age. Here’s how to prepare.
And from the blogosphere…
- What’s really going on in the stock market? (Retirement Field Guide). Reasons for optimism, despite the increased volatility.
- Four takes on the inverted yield curve (Abnormal Returns). More on the financial headline of the week.
- It’s hard to think long term (The Irrelevant Investor). Three steps for cultivating the art of the long view in a soundbite world.
- Should I use IRA funds or Social Security at age 62? (Getting Your Financial Ducks in a Row). Running the numbers on a somewhat early retirement.
- Why are Baby Boomer wealth transfers failing? (Advisor Perspectives). Long-term financial stewardship isn’t just about having the proper documents in order.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.