Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Where are we in the market cycle? (The Felder Report). Of course, no one really knows, but here’s what one market watcher sees.
- The SEC is poised to allow the first Bitcoin futures ETFs to begin trading (CNBC). Crypto, anyone? Soon there’ll be some ETFs for that. Very soon.
- Medicare open enrollment begins today: here’s what to know (MarketWatch). If you already have coverage, you don’t need to make a change, but now’s the time to see if you should.
- The best HSA plans of 2021 (Morningstar). Morningstar’s annual review. See also, Can you save too much in a health savings account? (Morningstar).
- Have an F.S.A.? You may be able to carry over more money in 2022 (NY Times). Because of the pandemic, employers have been given more flexibility in how they manage these accounts.
- Social Security COLA for 2022 biggest since 1982, but still won’t cover actual cost of living increases for many retirees (Wolf Street). In many categories, prices are rising even faster.
- Which dollars to spend first every year in retirement (Oblivious Investor). The “obvious” answer isn’t always best.
- Fame vs. impact: do you remember their names? (Eternal Perspective Ministries). With social media giving more people their 15 minutes, a good reminder about life’s unsung heroes.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.