Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- This age could be the new benchmark for retirement (CNBC). The important questions is, will you be able to work past 65?
- Seniors deal with the harsh reality of debt (Reuters). Are you on track to pay off your mortgage by the time you retire?
- Don’t get hit with these common IRS tax penalties (Fox Business). With a little planning, penalties should be a non-factor.
- This could be the most important retirement savings vehicle for 2020 (MarketWatch). Do you use an HSA? If so, do you invest the money?
- Traditional Medicare doesn’t pay for dental care. Here’s how to get coverage (Money). Later life dental care can really add up. The right insurance can help.
And from the blogosphere…
- How will Coronavirus affect your portfolio? (Of Dollars and Data). This topic may seem insensitive, given the huge personal toll the disease has taken. Still, for investors, it serves as another reminder to take the long view.
- The challenges facing retirees today (Retirement Field Guide). If you’re going to plan for the future, it helps to understand the various financial threats you may face.
- Why is inflation the single biggest retirement threat? (ESI Money). Inflation doesn’t make headlines because it’s been so low for so long, but the long-term impact can be significant.
- History is only interesting because nothing is inevitable (Collaborative Fund). Some important lessons from the Great Depression.
- Step by step (Humble Dollar). What little choices are you making on a regular basis, and what will their cumulative effect be down the road?
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.