We're putting the finishing touches on the April issue of the Sound Mind Investing newsletter!
It's a bit of a "theme" issue, with several articles touching on preparing for retirement, including our cover article Making Sense of Your IRA Options. That piece will answer many common questions:
- "Do I qualify for an Individual Retirement Account?"
- "What's the difference between a traditional IRA and a Roth IRA?"
- "Should I convert my traditional IRA to a Roth?"
- "If I have a 401(k) at work, do I need an IRA too?"
- "What if I have a 401(k) from a previous job? Should I roll it over into an IRA?"
We'll also have an article comparing the retirement-income potential of the traditional IRA and the Roth IRA, plus a piece explaining the similarities and notable differences between the Roth IRA and the employer-sponsored Roth 401(k).
In the April editorial, managing editor Matt Bell tackles the question: "Is saving for retirement consistent with what the Bible tells us about trusting God to provide?"
Also in the April issue, SMI executive editor Mark Biller explains how to understand the two types of "asset allocation" — and why asset allocation can make a huge difference in your long-term returns. Of course, we'll have our regular performance updates, too.
Look for the new issue around Noon Eastern Time this Wednesday!