Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Your lying mind: The cognitive biases tricking your brain (The Atlantic). Getting to know your future self, and other ways you may be able to de-bias your mind. Your finances — and so much more — are at stake.
- 10 RMD mistakes to avoid (Kiplinger). If you have a traditional IRA, you need to know these rules of the road.
- Could your long-term care premiums be hiding in plain sight? (Morningstar). Ever heard of a “1035 exchange”?
- How part-time work in retirement can affect Social Security taxes and Medicare costs (CNBC). Lots of people plan to work to some degree after they retire. If you’re one of them, be sure to understand how that’ll impact your Social Security benefits.
- The best way to boost retirement income (CNN). How working even a little bit longer could impact your retirement income.
And from the blogosphere…
- The critical factors of portfolio ruin aren’t predictable (The Retirement Café). Why retirement planning needs to continue after you’re retired.
- Volatility 101: An introduction to market volatility (Visual Capitalist). Great visual primer on a topic all investors should understand.
- Hubris always seems ridiculous — until it’s our own (The Financial Bodyguard). On the importance of staying humble.
- Choosing a beneficiary for your IRA (Getting Your Financial Ducks in a Row). Helpful look at the pros and cons of various options.
- Changes in Medicare for 2019 you should know (One Cent at a Time). The changes are designed to save the program a lot of money. If you’re a Medicare user, here’s how they’ll impact you.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.