Some of the best recent investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Does the ‘bucket approach’ destroy wealth? (Advisor Perspectives). A deep dive exploration of managing risk in your later years. You may be able to sleep better now, but will you run out of money later?
- 10 lessons from retirement (MarketWatch). Advice from someone who used to teach about retirement and is now retired.
- Taxes in retirement: How all 50 states tax retirees (Kiplinger). State tax laws vary — a lot.
- Is phased retirement a good fit for you? (US News). Relatively few companies offer it, but it still may be an option for you.
- A bicontinental life of giving back in retirement (Forbes). “I know that I truly gained more than I sacrificed.”
And from the blogosphere…
- Short-term luck vs. long-term skill (Jim O’Shaughnessy). “If you can do just this one thing, you will be ahead of the vast majority of investors over the long-term.”
- Not worthless (Humble Dollar). Investment losses and the IRS.
- Best does not mean optimal (Enterprising Investor – CFA Institute). Why an optimal portfolio may not be best.
- Take your best shot at a retirement plan (The Retirement Café). Lessons learned from a retirement planner who’s been retired for more than a decade.
- Enjoy the training, not just the race (Mullooly). Encouragement to not spend so much time preparing for your later years that you miss out on the joy of the journey.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.