Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- What will cause the next recession? A look at the 3 most likely possibilities (NY Times). No one knows when things will take a turn for the worse, but they will take that turn.
- The end is near for the economic boom (Fortune). More reasons for caution.
- Fidelity’s free funds and the changing broker landscape (Morningstar). A closer look at Fidelity’s strategy.
- Taxes aren’t the biggest threat to your inheritance. Family squabbles are (CNBC). Make sure you have a plan, keep it updated, and talk about it with your beneficiaries.
- Is downsizing in retirement right for you? (Kiplinger). There are many potential benefits to downsizing. Just make sure you consider the costs — financial and otherwise.
And from the blogosphere…
- Non prophet (Humble Dollar). How to climb the wall of worry with your sanity and portfolio intact.
- It’s always a remix (The Reformed Broker). It’s helpful to know a little stock market history.
- Is typical retirement advice good? (Financial Independence Hub). Taking a closer look at five rules of thumb.
- Charitable giving under new tax laws — an overview of sensible strategies (Independence Advisors). Some practical, tax-saving ideas for generous givers.
- What to know before helping to pay for a grandchild’s college (Next Avenue). A good checklist for making sure such a gift will be in your grandchild’s best interests — and yours.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.