Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- “A mild recession” (The Reformed Broker). The narrative might change, but “remember that all bear markets have one thing in common: They end.”
- No excuses — plan now for a recession (Research Affiliates). “None of the post-war expansions died of natural causes, they were all murdered by the Fed.”
- Bond market is flashing a recession warning — again (Morningstar). The bond market’s version of “Red sky in morning…”
- How well do retirees assess the risks they face in retirement? (PDF) (Center for Retirement Research). Five major risks to consider.
- Sell slowly (Of Dollars and Data). For those in the “decumulation” phase of life, guidance on whether to withdraw from a retirement portfolio at the beginning of the year or quarterly.
- A common retirement strategy can erode your IRA savings, Pew report finds (CBS News). When rolling money over from a 401(k) to an IRA, you might pay more to invest in the same fund.
- Bequest allocation and bequest location (Oblivious Investor). How some additional strategic planning could benefit your heirs.
- Social Security: 8 must-know facts about your benefits (Kiplinger). The older you get, the more you need a solid understanding of Social Security.
- Charitable giving statistics in 2022 (Kindness Financial Planning). An interesting deep-dive on the state — and the stats — of generosity in America.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.