Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Who’s winning the GameStop game? (Bloomberg). If nothing else, the WallStreetBets spectacle has made for great entertainment. A “financial wellness education director”? You can’t make this stuff up!
- Managing your investments late in the cycle (The Big Picture). Proceed with caution.
- Just tell the truth (Retirement Field Guide). The tension every investor must live with — uncertainty in the short-term, confidence in the long-term.
- Retirement’s biggest surprises (Satisfying Retirement in a Changing World). Helpful insights from one who’s been retired for nearly 20 years.
- The best way to manage sequence of return risk (A Wealth of Common Sense). Some rules-based investment decisions that could reduce the risk of bad luck.
- Long-term tax planning requires guessing. Focus on the near-term. (Oblivious Investor). How putting too much focus on the long-term can trip you up with this year’s taxes.
- Unfortunate investing traits (Collaborative Fund). Misunderstanding what “normal” means for the markets, and other hazards.
- The good news about retirement income (Morningstar). If you’ve participated in the post-2009 bull market, a lower withdrawal rate may not mean a lower standard of living.
- Bucs, not Chiefs, will win one for the bulls if the Super Bowl indicator is right (MarketWatch). Here’s what happens when analytical investors who love football have too much time on their hands! More importantly, here’s hoping your team wins.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.