Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- As the Covid-19 pandemic wanes, the U.S. economy could soar (MarketWatch). Reasons for optimism.
- Stop stressing about inflation (The Big Picture). Inflation is a hot topic in the financial press these days. Here’s why one market watcher thinks concerns are overblown.
- The false promise of U.S. historical returns (Advisor Perspectives). More on the ongoing debate about the 4% rule.
- Don’t confuse probability with certainty (Retirement Field Guide). Why the assumptions in your financial plan should be revisited regularly.
- The twenty craziest investing facts ever (The Irrelevant Investor). Getting better acquainted with the world we live in as investors.
- Four things everyone needs to know about the markets (A Wealth of Common Sense). Reasons why a long-term “steady plodding” approach to investing works best.
- Why your smartphone is likely your enemy when it comes to investing (Omaha World-Herald). As trading becomes easier, people trade more — often to their peril.
- How to prevent fraud from ruining your retirement (MarketWatch). The characteristics of those who are most susceptible to fraud might surprise you.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.