Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- A recession warning reverses, but the damage may be done (NY Times). More on the ongoing recession watch.
- Medicare Part B premium 2020: Rates and deductibles rising 7% for outpatient care (USA TODAY). What you’ll pay in the new year.
- The 100-year family: Here are some tips for becoming one (NY Times). Successful wealth transfers.
- Working past 65? Don’t overlook these 3 key facts about your employee benefits (CNBC). What to know if you plan to stay on the job.
- Working in retirement doesn’t always work, says an unemployed retiree who planned on it (Business Insider). It can be a risk to count on continued employment.
And from the blogosphere…
- A better kind of abundance (Compassion). A wonderful reminder that, “In order to be faithful stewards and to love others, we must be not only recipients of God’s provision but also outlets of it.”
- The world has gone mad and the system is broken (LinkedIn). A billionaire hedge fund manager looks at today’s economic conditions and finds them unsustainable.
- Signal failure (Humble Dollar). A long-time investing writer looks at today’s stock market and finds it less risky than it may seem.
- Fractional ETF trading’s future (ETF.com). With Schwab announcing plans to introduce trading of fractional shares of stock, can fractional shares of ETFs be far behind?
- Living a rewarding retirement (Mutual Fund Observer). Words of wisdom — about money and life — from one who is two years into retirement.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.