Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Secular vs. cyclical markets (2022) (The Big Picture). Why one noted market analyst and money manager is maintaining his optimism.
- The biggest mistake an investor can make (Compound Advisors). Maintaining your sanity when everyone around you is losing theirs is a mark of a great investor.
- Bear markets and a truth about investing (Sam Ro). The importance of remembering something we may have forgotten since 2009: markets go down, regularly. See also, Drawdowns – They’re a Drag but a Fact of Life (SMI).
- What to know if you want to buy the stock market dip (Wall Street Journal). This time around, it probably won’t be as easy as it has been in the past.
- The rise after the fall (Collaborative Fund). Thoughtful piece on the state of the markets from one who clearly has a steady hand on the wheel.
- Don’t panic on sequence of returns (Morningstar). For recent retirees, who may be feeling especially concerned.
- Should you consider a Roth conversion while the market is down? (Kiplinger). One of the silver linings of a down market.
- What the happiest retirees know: investing and spending habits (ESI Money). More real-world lessons from those who seem to have retired well.
- Why Clark Howard thinks Medicare Advantage plans stink (Clark Howard). Here’s why he calls them “disadvantage” plans.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.