Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- How to get a tax break for charitable donations under the Republican tax bill (MarketWatch). One would hope the new tax law will not lead to less generosity.
- The final GOP tax bill: 5 key questions (Consumer Reports). From home ownership to healthcare, here are some of the ways the new law may impact you.
- ETF capital gains distributions are few and far between in 2017 (Morningstar). Here’s one of the main reasons why we recommend using Just-the-Basics in taxable accounts.
- The ‘unretired’: Coming back to work in droves (CNBC). Some say retirement is no longer a permanent state but a process.
- Baby Boomers could end up $227,000 richer if they stop bankrolling their adult children (Business Insider). For more on this topic, read Failure to Launch.
And from the blogosphere…
- When overbought is bullish (Ritholtz). Will the good times continue…
- Yield curve inversions and stocks are a toxic mix (Bloomberg View). … or is there trouble on the horizon?
- Individual tax planning under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (Kitces). A more detailed look at how the new tax law will impact you.
- The greatest story ever told (Collaborative Fund). A thought-provoking look at how narratives drive our economy.
- ‘Grandma had love’ (Matt About Money). This one doesn’t have much to do with money, but it has a lot to do with Christmas.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.