Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Don’t chop yourself up (The Irrelevant Investor). When the market is as volatile as it’s been lately, “it’s normal for your views to ping pong on a daily basis; bearish on down days and hopeful on up days.”
- Why you should look at markets like a Martian (The Felder Report). It’s difficult to accept a new investing environment when our perspective is anchored to the past.
- When the optimists are too pessimistic (Of Dollars and Data). Our concerns about the downside are usually overblown.
- It’s not fair! Sequence of returns risk (Monevator). A closer look at one of the most challenging aspects of investing.
- People are refusing to put their lives on hold (Sam Ro). Never count the American consumer out.
- A “BETR” calculation for the Traditional-to-Roth IRA conversion calculation (Vanguard). “A superior method for calculating the point at which a Roth conversion makes sense.”
- Part-time retirement programs are on the rise (Wall Street Journal). It used to be that people were on their own to negotiate a phased retirement, but now companies are getting behind the idea.
- The surprising impact of downsizing (Advisor Perspectives). How one couple found freedom in less space and less stuff.
- Life care compared (Humble Dollar). Evaluating the options among continuing care communities.
- Today’s high inflation will increase retirement health care costs… forever (Money). Healthcare costs aren’t like the cost of gasoline. With healthcare, when inflation subsides, the price doesn’t come down.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.