Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- More tax pain for some mutual fund shareholders in 2018 (Morningstar). What sizeable capital gains distributions may mean for you. (We’ll have more on this topic in the December issue of the SMI newsletter.)
- Estate planning: Three key steps to consider (Vanguard). Even if you have the right documents in place, have you taken steps one and three?
- 5 key retirement planning decisions for baby boomers (CBS Money Watch). A good checklist for those nearing retirement.
- How U.S. seniors on Medicare can bridge the gap in dental insurance (Reuters). Don’t be caught off guard by assuming you have coverage when you don’t.
- How grandparent-owned 529 account affects need-based financial aid (Washington Post). How to make sure your good intentions turn into good outcomes for your grandkids.
And from the blogosphere…
- What if you retire at a stock market peak? (A Wealth of Common Sense). Why it may not turn out as poorly as you might think.
- Investing is hard. Again. Or still. (Bason Asset Management). No one said investing would always be fun, or easy.
- Asset allocation: It’s meaningless unless you’ve defined your investment goals (Monevator). How specific are your goals?
- When things get wild (Collaborative Fund). Some thoughts all investors should consider.
- Why couples retire together — or don’t (Squared Away). Getting on the same page about retirement will be good for your finances, and your marriage.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.