Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Top 10 rules for money (The Big Picture). What would you add to this list?
- Patient investing is hard (The Evidence-Based Investor). “Far too many investors believe that three years is a long time, five years a very long time and 10 years an eternity.”
- What’s driving the stock, bond, and housing markets right now? (A Wealth of Common Sense). Could the catalyst be as simple as this?
- A great inflation redux? Economists point to big differences. (NY Times). “Recognizing the complexity of any particular moment is something that economics, with its ahistorical models, is not very good at.”
- Don’t be dogmatic about retirement-portfolio withdrawals (Morningstar). You’ve heard that you should tap different types of accounts in a certain order. At times, it may be best to change things up.
- The most-overlooked tax breaks for retirees (Kiplinger). You may have known that the standard deduction goes up at age 65, but did you know that you might be able to deduct your Medicare premiums?
- Enrollment trends in Medicare options (Squared Away). “A big shift is under way.”
- Giving helps us take our eyes off ourselves and join in what God is doing in the world (Eternal Perspective Ministries). “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21).
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.