Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Do interest rates matter more to the economy or the stock market? (A Wealth of Common Sense). “Over the past 70 years or so the stock market has done just fine in a rising rate environment.”
- Why Americans are so grumpy about their economic boom (Bloomberg). Maybe sentiment just takes a while to catch up to the data.
- Grayscale ETF plans take shape with ‘future of finance’ filing (Think Advisor). Cryptos continue making their way into ETFs.
- Asset allocation when you have enough (Morningstar). How to invest when you’re in good financial shape — a case study.
- When cash is king (Humble Dollar). An argument for the bucket strategy.
- The truth about those Medicare Advantage TV commercials (Next Avenue). Beware celebrities pitching health insurance.
- Long-term investors must make a Ulysses pact (Behavioral Investment). What steps have you taken to prevent yourself from acting on your worst investing impulses?
- The best and worst S&P 500 funds (Morningstar). Think one index fund is as good as the next? Think again.
- Save a life (Tony Hixon). Retirement requires so much more than financial preparedness.
- Scammers have retirees in their sights (Kiplinger). What to watch out for.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.