Some of the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- Fidelity introduces fractional share trading (Financial Planning). So far, this capability will be available only with Fidelity's mobile app, and some customers may still have to wait a few weeks. However, with Dynamic Asset Allocation using ETFs exclusively and Fund Upgrading using them increasingly, this will make following those strategies easier for SMI members that use Fidelity. Other brokers may follow.
- Here’s why you should rebalance (Morningstar). Has your portfolio become riskier than it should be?
- Tax season is almost here: Here are 7 costly mistakes to avoid (USA Today). A few reminders as you prepare your taxes.
- After years of political turbulence, Brexit is finally happening (Wall Street Journal - paywall). Tonight marks the beginning of a lengthy transition period, but it’s a major milestone nonetheless.
- More people are returning to work after retiring—and they’re happy about it (MarketWatch). Not everyone goes back to work just because they need the money.
And from the blogosphere…
- Putting the next market downturn into perspective (A Wealth of Common Sense). Some helpful comparisons at a time of heightened volatility.
- The elusive definition of risk (Validea). Is “risk” the same thing as “volatility”? The answer may depend on what type of investor you are.
- QCD after the SECURE Act (Getting Your Financial Ducks in a Row). Clearing up what may be a point of confusion for older investors with IRAs.
- Taking Social Security early (The Belle Curve). The argument for waiting.
- Seven paradoxes (Humble Dollar). To be an investor is to live with a certain amount of tension.
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.