Our latest picks for the best investing and personal finance articles from around the web.
- 7 common estate planning disasters and how to avoid them (MarketWatch). It can be somewhat costly to have the right documents drawn up, but even costlier if you don’t.
- 2 ways to upgrade your 401(k) without leaving your job (Morningstar). Did you know you might be able to move your 401(k) money while you still work for your current employer?
- Medicare doesn’t cover everything. Here’s how to avoid surprises (CNBC). Knowing what’s covered and what isn’t will help with your retirement planning.
- Paving your path to financial security in retirement (Vanguard). How to match your financial resources to your goals and risks.
- This generation has a huge and growing student debt burden. It’s not who you think (Money). Reasons to think twice before taking out a “Parent PLUS” loan.
And from the blogosphere…
- Flat yield curve is just what the U.S. economy needs (Bloomberg). A closer look at a seemingly esoteric topic that investors should understand.
- How to arbitrage human nature (What Works on Wall Street). For investors, a reminder to take the long view.
- Cash is (once again) king (Wealth Management). Money market fund rates have risen a lot recently. Should you move your money into one?
- Infopocolypse now (A Teachable Moment). Even with a mountain of information, financial plans are imperfect — and still necessary.
- How to save on healthcare costs (The White Coat Investor). Interesting insights from a doctor who’s also a financial blogger. Every heard of “NNT”?
We’d love to hear your responses to any of the above. To weigh in, just meet us in the comments section.